Applications are Clossed now
Who can apply
Current undergraduates of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura with excellent academic records, need of financial assistance to continue their university studies and actively engaged in sports and social activities. We have around 30 scholarships. Therefore, we encourage applicants to include true and correct information in their applications to receive a scholarship. Please tell the TRUTH in your application.
Selection Panel will review all applications and may contact applicants to validate the information on their applications. Marks will be awarded based on Academic Results (40%), Finance Assistance requirement (40%) and engagement in sports and social activities (20%).
How to Apply
1. Read the application guide first and follow the instructions. Click here Sinhala or English
2. Complete the Application Form online (please note the closing date has passed and application is not available) and make sure you click sumbit button. No paper applications are accepted.
3. Supporting documents are not required at this stage.
Announcement of Scholarship Selection
Selected undergraduates will receive an email from Japura Alumni Australia Inc. by 10 February Those students should have a Bank of Ceylon account to receive monthly scholarship
payments from 1 March to 1 December
Applications are Clossed now
The Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI) award scholarships on the basis of financial needs, academic success, and future plans of the applicants. These awards are open to undergraduates of all faculties of the university. Each scholarship which is valid for one academic year gives the scholarship holder the ability to concentrate on their studies better. Once a recipient is chosen, they will receive Rs. for the period of 10 months.
The Japura Scholarship Fund (JSF) was established in by Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI).
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should show that
1) They are registered and enrolled as a student in the University of Sri Jayewardenepura
2) They are a full time student of the University (A letter of recommendation from the Department Head should be attached)
3) Copies of your results to prove your academic excellence
4) A personal statement of words why you deserve to receive the scholarship should be submitted (can be in Sinhala and can be attached as a scanned copy)
5) The application should be submitted through their dfknj.wz.cz on or before 31st January 6pm.
The selection is based on three criteria
Academic Excellence (Weight 40%)
Social and sports achievement (Weight 20%)
Applicants Income/Financial considerations – (Weight 40% )
The applications are available to be downloaded from their website dfknj.wz.cz You can complete them and submit the supporting documents with the online application. You will be able to know more about the program tomorrow 05th of January , 10 am at SBFF1 (New Soratha Building). Come join tomorrow and get to know about the educational support you have been hoping for.
For details visit:
The scholarship awareness program organised by The Japura Alumni Australia Inc. (JAAI) was held on the 5th of January
Photo and Text: Japura Flames
Tags:Alumni, Event, Scholarships